Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 3: Hollywood Studios

On our third day of Disney vacation, we ventured over to Hollywood Studios. While this was not my favorite park, (maybe because I'm not real big into movies???) I did enjoy seeing my kids have fun here. Let me start off with saying that I believe Tyler thought he was in heaven when he found out that there was Star Wars and Indiana Jones things here. My Tyler is a big and I mean big Star Wars and Indiana Jones fan.
Tyler on a "speeder bike" from Return of the Jedi. Just before I took this picture Chuck jumped on the back of the bike. If you look real close in the painted background you can get a glimpse of the storm trooper. Before you start thinking that I am "Star Wars Savy", I'm not. I had to ask what this thing was called that they were on and also about the trooper. The next picture is of an "AT-AT Walker". Tyler told me this was in the movie "The Empire Strikes Back". This thing was huge.

While in the "Star Wars" area we went on the Star Tours. Which  is a full-motion flight simulator attraction based on the Star Wars mythology. Even though I am not a fan of Star Wars, I did have fun over there. Tyler also enjoyed the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show. I'll have to admit, it was pretty neat seeing how they do the stunts for the movies. 

Kaelyn was happy to see that there was a High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now! live show at the Sorcerer's Hat. It started out with a parade of cast members coming down the street singing and music playing and of course all the "girls" in the park cheering them on. That's right Kaelyn is a High School Musical fan. She has seen all three movies (she has all three movies) has the Cd's and even a DVD game. Those of you with little girls that aren't into this kind of thing yet, believe me they will be one day. May not be HSM, but probably something similar.




The one thing that I think I liked the most was the Toy Story Mania. After getting our 3D glasses we boarded a carnival themed vehicle and went through a gallery of midway style games that were inspired by the Toy Story movies. You can go here where you can preview the Toy Story Mania attraction and play games.

When Kaelyn saw these guys, she wanted to have her picture taken with them. Out of all the characters in all the parks, this is who she choose to be in a picture with.

Kaelyn with Mike and Sully.

Day 4: Animal Kingdom coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you......Hollywood Studios is not my fav. either. My boys are HUGE star wars fans too--did you know there is a Star Wars weekend(s) in May/June?

    ReplyDelete