Secret Keeper Girl event in Ocala. You may be wondering, what is a Secret Keeper Girl? A SKG is lots of things, she values modesty, she surrounds herself with wise friends and she embraces Godly beauty. So, she keeps the deepest secrets of her beauty for just one man. But she also knows that she can share all of her heart secrets with her mom at any time.The best thing is that a Secret Keeper Girl is a masterpiece created by God
I love how they talked about the lies that girls and even some ladies believe. I want to share those with you.
- We are perfectly crafted- "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14a (NIV)
- I am loved by God- "I have loved you with an everlasting love" Jeremiah 31:3b (NIV)
- We are Empowered by God- "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9a (NIV)
Another thing they talked about was true beauty. 1 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV) tells us "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles, and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
True Beauty is:
- Not the cute hair cut
- Not the jewelry (or as was stated last night the cute accessories you just got at Claire's)
- Not the fine clothes (as stated last night the new Justice jeans)
One of the questions that was asked was, Do you spend more time getting your external beauty on or your internal beauty on?
A challenge that was given to all the girls and moms was to spend more time in God's word.
Today I will spend more
time in God's word than
I will in front of the mirror.
The last thing of the night was a fashion show with girls wearing stylish, but yet still modest clothing. I love how they presented the Truth or Bare Fashion Test. This is great to know when you are shopping for clothes and also for the clothes you already have at home.
Kaelyn and I had a great time and want to give a great big THANK YOU!!! to my sister for being such a loving and giving person. Thank you Crystal for the tickets. We loved it!