Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wise Words

Sometimes as a parent I may not always say the right thing to my kids, especially when they are in need of discipline. I have found something that I find very helpful to me when the time comes for the words of wisdom that us as Moms need to use.

Several years ago my friend Stephanie told me about this book and I asked her where I could get one at, well being the sweet person she is she brought one to me a few days later. I love using this book when it comes to talking to my kids about something that they have done wrong. This book covers many topics, some of which are; blame shifting, making excuses, bad friendships, coveting, defiant attitude (look), fear, lying, tattling, whining, and many more. Those of us who have kids know that at some point in time our kids are going to have at least one of the above mentioned enter their little lives. What better way to correct our children than going to the Bible. This book, Wise Words for Moms is like a flip calendar with charts showing each behavior with heart probing questions, reproof  (to "put off"), encouragement ("Put on") each of these have Bible verses that you can turn to with your children and talk about what is going on. There is also a column with additional verses.

Ginger Plowman, the author of this booklet says, "This chart was designed for the purpose of aiding  you in using the scriptures to drive out the foolishness "bound up in the heart of  [your] child" (Proverbs 22:15). It does not contain everything you need to know about the sinful behavior that you may come up against. Therefore, it should be used as a tool -not a substitute- for your personal research of the Bible when it comes to teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training children in righteousness."

With that said, I am going to include the booklet "Wise Words for Moms" as one of the gifts in my giveaway  along with a few other goodies. I will be picking a winner on Wednesday  (June 23) afternoon  around 4:00.
You will be encouraged and blessed with both of the books that you can win.

Remember to enter the giveaway go HERE.  ( :

1 comment:

  1. Every mother (and father) needs that book on discipline! God's ways are always the right ways!!!
    Wisdom = the knowledge and fear of God.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete