Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finally Catching Up

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything around here. I've had big plans to keep up with my blog this year more than I did last year. Well it was an epic fail. Would love to say that the reason being was that I was doing so many fun trips to places I've always wanted to go, but that hasn't been the case. I have been busy being a wife, mom, and teacher and just couldn't find the extra time to sit down and contribute one little iota to this blog.

Last school year we were living in married housing and I was homeschooling our daughter while our son stayed in public school and of course my husband was busy with his schooling full time too. Then this past summer we moved out of married housing and into the parsonage (next door to the church that my husband has been preaching at for a little over a year now). We are out in the middle of nowhere, but that is okay because we can be anywhere that has what we need with 30 minutes to an hour. It takes just a little over an hour to get to the beaches at Destin.

 The house we moved into this summer. There is also a creek behind the house. Earlier in the summer (before all the rain) the kids and Chuck went down and braved the ice cold water. By the end of June the creek had risen to the top of the bank. By the time the creek went down, it was too late in the year to get in.
There were also some trips taken to the beach this summer. We love the clear water and sugar white sand at the beach in Destin. At the end of June we were able to spend an afternoon at the beach with my nephews.  My kids and my sisters kids have so much fun together. I adore this cousin love.


During the move to a new house and throughout the summer, we prayed about whether we should enroll our kids in the school system here or home school both of them this school year. After much praying and talking with one another and our children, we decided to home school both of them. I'm not going to lie, it has been challenging at times but I wouldn't trade it. I love the flexibility that it gives us.

One last thing, back in March I posted about a friend who was having a giveaway for some cute kitchen towels. I was the winner of that giveaway. Thanks C. I love my kitchen towels.
I hope to post to this blog a little more often than what I have done in the past year. Hopefully I can find a little time here and there to get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment