Sunday, December 20, 2009

An All Nighter....

Friday night was the annual lock in with the youth of our Church. This is an event that I do look forward to each year (no I'm not crazy, I love our youth and like to hang out with them) and am honored that I get to be a part of it. This year we started our lock in with a progressive dinner, our first stop was at Alan and Maria's for a salad.

Some of the guys fixing their salads.

Our next stop was Mr. Paul and Mrs. Judy's house for our main meal, lasagna. Mrs. Judy is such a sweet lady, she wasn't feeling the best in the world, she could hardly talk, but still wanted to have the youth over to their place for dinner. Mrs. Judy is a true prayer warrior and I just love her dearly.

The gang with Mr. Paul and Mrs. Judy

We then left their house and headed to a little ice cream shop for dessert. What I am about to write sounds unsanitary, wait a minute, more like is unsanitary. We ordered what they call the "pig trough" this is a big bowl that looks like a pig and they put 24 flavors of ice cream in it with all kinds of toppings and everyone eats out of the same dish. I know what you are thinking, GROSS, yes I thought the same thing, but only for a moment, I then offered up a silent prayer that none of the partakers of this ice cream treat would get sick and I dug right on in with them. Wasn't bad at all, and so far no one from my family is sick.

Getting ready to dig into the "pig trough"

Enjoying the ice cream.

Next we were off to Ms. Laura's house for a quick game of Bunco! Let me just say that it got pretty loud in there, for most of the gang, this was their first time to play and they got the hang of it pretty quick. There were prizes given away, and everyone wanted to win. And no I did not win a prize.

Playing Bunco

Then it was off to the "big city" to play laser tag and do some serious bowling.I don't have any pictures of us bowling, I left the camera in the car. We bowled until almost 2:00a.m. then we went back to the Church and had a ping pong tournament.

Then at 5:00 we had our breakfast crew come in and cook us breakfast, consisting of pancakes, sausage and bacon. Our breakfast crew was Mrs. Betty and then three of our college students Amanda, James, and Kody. They did a great job and made the sacrifice of getting up early on a Saturday morning to come and cook breakfast. Thank you.

Mrs. Betty, James and Amanda


After breakfast it was time to start cleaning up and getting everything put back in its place. When this was done it was time to head home for some much needed sleep. I was leaving the Church at 6:00 a.m., had just spent 12 fun filled hours with some of my favorite people, but I was in need of some sleep. I finally laid my head on my pillow at 6:45 and slept until almost 5:00 that afternoon, 10 hours of wonderful sleep.

I have to say that this was by far one of the best lock ins we have had. While all of our youth couldn't make it, family plans and such, those that were there had a great time and were so much fun to be around. Will I do it again next year, probably so.

A special thank you to Mrs. Robbin for getting everything planned out for us.  8o)

1 comment:

  1. This really makes me want to go back to the youth group days (at least for one night)! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun.