Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Decorations and Ornaments . . . .

Well I have gone back and forth on doing this post or not. I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Christmas decorations/ornaments and any stories that may go along with them. I decided to go ahead and do it, that way I would be able to go back years from now and have pictures and stories to look at.
The first thing that I will share is my nativity set. If I remember correctly, I got this when Tyler was a baby.





A few weeks ago, Kaelyn was looking at the ornaments on our tree and found the one that I got when Tyler had his first Christmas. She continued to look and then ask me, "Mom, where is my babies first Christmas ornament?" I had to tell her that I didn't get one for her because that was a time in our life that we couldn't financially afford to get one, some weeks we didn't know how we were even going to be able to afford diapers let alone a babies first Christmas ornament. So that night I went on line to see if I could find one from the year she was born, no luck. Then a few days later I was doing some shopping with my sister and found a place in the mall that had ornaments that you could personalize. To my delight, there was the perfect ornament for Kaelyn, so I purchased it and had her name put on it and also the year she was born. When the lady that was working there asked me the year I wanted put on there she had to laugh and say that so far that had been the furthest year she had to go back for any ornament. Here are the ornaments for both Tyler and Kaelyn's first Christmas.


Tyler's ornament



Kaelyn's ornament

Most everything else that I have sitting up on the counters and entertainment center and then hanging on our Christmas tree is snowmen. I just love my snowmen.

Chuck gave me this cute candle set for
Christmas in 2007.

Another gift from my husband.
I got this one last Christmas.
And this one too.



I got this one about 4 years ago. It is hard to
see in this picture, but the bottom is filled with
little white things to make it look like snow.


My mother-in-law gave this to me about seven
or eight years ago.


My mom gave this one to me a few days ago.


I got this one from the Hallmark
Store a few weeks ago.


While this one is not a snowman, I still
consider this one of my favorites. It is a
Boyd's Bear ornament.

Thanks for stopping by to see some of my favorite Christmas decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment