Friday, February 26, 2010

Fun at the Park

Do you ever have those days where you say to yourself, "It just doesn't get any better than this."? Well today has been one of those days. The weather was great, not to hot and not to cold, just right.  I picked my kids up from school (they get out at noon on Friday's) and took them out for lunch. This was a treat for them as usually we come home and eat a sandwich or something that is quick. Then we stopped by the Church to see my husband for a few minutes and also for the kids to change out of their uniform clothes and into their "street clothes" (jeans and shirts). After that it was off to the city park where they played for almost two hours.

I was able to get some reading done while they played. Every now and then they would come over and just sit on the bench with me and just talk. I really enjoyed my time with them and am so thankful for them. Sometimes you just have to stop in this busyness that we call life and reflect on what is important to us and everything/everyone we are thankful for. I know I need to make the time to just put "stuff" to the side and spend more quality time with my children, goodness knows they are growing up way to fast and before long will be on their way to college. Okay so I need to stop before I start crying. Enjoy the pictures of the kiddos at the park.







No comments:

Post a Comment