Thursday, May 6, 2010

A little of this, and a little of that. . .

So it has been a while since I last posted anything here. I have several things that I want to share, so it will be "a little of this and a little of that". Back in October I won two tickets to a Beth Moore event of my choice. So my sister and I headed to Atlanta on Friday, April 23 for Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity event that was to take place on the 24th. There were over 9,000 women in attendance there, not to mention even more that joined us through the simulcast. With that many women I was sure there would be some kind of pushing through lines and all of the sorts that come with large crowds, didn't see any of that taking place. We had good seating and even had a couple of sweet ladies sitting next to us. We enjoyed our time listening to Beth teach out of Ephesians 4:24, and talking to us about insecurities and how to overcome them. One of the things that she did before we left the conference was to commission each woman in attendance, you can go here to read the the commissioning statement. We had a great trip.

A few weeks ago I did a quick post about me joining the coupon craze, so yesterday I was printing some coupons out and my son comes up to me and says:

Tyler: "Mom, you really like couponing, don't ya?"
Me: "Yes, do you like that I use coupons?"
Tyler: "I guess, hey does this mean that couponing is your hobby now?"

I just about fell out of my chair. I guess if one wants to call couponing a hobby, then consider my new hobby to be couponing. ( o ; 

This morning when I arrived at my sisters house, Wyatt met me at the door. One of the first things he asked me was, "where is Tyre (Tyler) and Kaeyn (Kaelyn)?" I told him they were at home. After we took Waylon to school we headed to my house. We had probably been home for about an hour when he noticed that they were not there. He then asked me where they were at and I told him they were at school. He got a look on his face to let me know that  he meant business and said matter of fact to me, "You said they were here." Boy did I have a hard time explaining that one to him. Once he gets something in his head, it is not always easy to get him to see it a different way. Wyatt is also just about to eat me out of house and home. I gave him breakfast this morning and then after playing for a while he said he was hungry and wanted "sometim" to eat. I have fed him almost non stop this morning. I know he does this for his Momma too.

We have an exciting weekend ahead of us (not just because it is Mother's Day), will be doing another post this weekend about it and hopefully with pictures.

For all of the Mom's out there here is an early "Happy Mother's Day".

2 comments:

  1. You won my giveaway!!! Congrats! Can you email me your snail mail so I can get it to you? stonefox@pobox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you won another giveaway, Tania!!! You are the luckiest person I know. We share your new hobby, a love for coupons!!!!

    ReplyDelete