Monday, January 4, 2010

Back into a routine..

Don't you just love routine? I do, especially when it comes to our day to day living. Today Tyler and Kaelyn went back to school from their Christmas break. I was glad to get back into a routine with them, but at the same time was a little sad to see them go back to school. I know call me crazy, but I enjoyed the two weeks that they had off for Christmas.

So my husband got the kids up and had them eating breakfast while he packed their lunches, (boy do I have a loving husband, I was still snuggled down in our warm bed- thanks honey!). I finally talked myself into getting out of the comfort of the bed and getting ready to take the kids to school. We were probably about a half mile down the road when Kaelyn starts asking Tyler, "Do you have your backpack, what about your homework?", then Chuck looks in the rear view mirror and asks her if she has her backpack, lunchbox. Yes she had her backpack, no lunchbox though. We turned around and went back to the house for her lunchbox.

After dropping the kids off at school, we headed for our Monday morning "date spot" ; ) Wal-Mart (just kidding about the date spot) but we do go to Wal-Mart every Monday after dropping the kids off for school to buy groceries for the week. Then it was back home to put away the things we bought.

The house seemed so quiet, since the kiddo's were at school. Not for long though, our phone rang so much today. We usually don't get any phone calls at the house during the day, unless my sister calls me. Today however was a different story, you would have thought that our house was Grand Central Station with all the phone calls. By the way, one of those calls was from my sweet little sister.

So the kiddo's are back home from school now and are quietly sitting in their room doing homework. So yes I have settled back into my routine. Clothes are washed, dishes are clean and all of our Christmas decorations have been taken down and boxed up for another eleven months.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know you LOVE my calls and random fun facts ;) You probably wouldn't know what to do with yourself if I didn't call at least once on my days off with some little nugget of uselessness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am jealous! I don't get that opportunity to get all that done every day! I'm at work by 6:30 every morning in Gainesville! I miss the days when I stayed home and was able to do all that.......and YES MAM! I LOVE a good routine!!

    ReplyDelete