Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Don't Let Me Miss The Glory

A few weeks ago I had the "Woe Is Me" syndrome. It seemed as if everything was just falling apart around me. So I moped around for several days and just couldn't seem to get out of that mentality. One morning I was on Facebook and one of the people that I follow is Carl Cartee (my most favorite song writers/artist). Well he had posted about his little boy telling a joke and had a link to you tube so I clicked over to see his son telling this joke. After I watched that I was looking at the side bar of the screen and saw a song that Carl had written with someone else and there was a clip of the song. I clicked on the link and this is what I heard:
After listening to that I realized that I had been missing out on the glory of everything that was going on around me. I have since started saying "Don't let me miss the glory" when there are things that start to overwhelm me and  when I start getting that "Woe Is Me" attitude. That night I was telling Chuck about it, and I asked him if that was a new song? He said, "no, we actually have a cd that has that song on it." I found the cd and realized that I had listened to it a number of times before, but didn't recall hearing that song.

A couple of days after discovering this song, I had taken my kids out for a little afternoon get away. I had asked Tyler to do something for me and he didn't quite do what I asked. Yes I was a little irriated with him, but only for a moment. God reminded me that in a few years Tyler will be going off to college and I needed to cherish this time I was having with him, you got it, I was then saying to myself, "Don't let me miss the glory".

Isn't it amazing how God can use something like a song to teach you.

Don't Let Me Miss The Glory! 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome reminder, Tania. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania, this will help me too! I will have a new outlook too! Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Please enjoy each & every moment with your kids...I know I look back & think where did the years go?
    I hope y'all are doing good.:)
    Love,
    Amee

    ReplyDelete